Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Hello Santa


I have been busily working on a commission piece which will be done in a couple of days, and a few ACEOs as well. Three pencil portraits will be started next week, with several more to follow... and all will be complete by Christmas. I also want to give some gifts of art this year, and I truly hope I can do it all!

So, I have tacked up this Santa over my drawing table, with the idea that if I get everything done, he'll put something good in my stocking!


8"x10", Prismacolor pencil and acrylic paint on watercolor paper

6 comments:

Ron Morrison said...

I am doing the same sort of thing, I'll use this Santa image as a motivational tool (in my mind-no copyright infringement.

Elizabeth A Patterson said...

Hey, I'm honored, Ron!....now, get back to work!

Gillian Mowbray said...

He's wonderful, Liz. Such depth and texture. I'd like to see what he inspires you to create!

Todd Bonita said...

Hey Liz,

Every artist I know is working like an elf rite now for the holidays..we could all use your little santa above our easels. Thanks for the Max comments on my blog. I hope you're well.
Best,
Todd

Elizabeth A Patterson said...

Gillian,
I'm glad you like my portrayal of Santa. Now that I'm looking at him every day, I realize he resembles my husband quite a bit... he did have a beard years ago, and I suppose it would be pretty white if he grew it out now!

Todd,
Now I am picturing all these artists working away in their studios dressed in tights, tunics, and curly-toed shoes with bells!
Hope your weekend at the Button Factory went well.

Alvin Richard said...

Beautifully mastered Liz. Continued success with your portrait work, the receivers will be thrilled for sure. If you are up for it, you have been tagged!