Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Plums, Quince & Tea



Perhaps I should rename this blog, "The Work In Progress Journal".

So, here is another work in progress! I am actually waiting for a delivery of some art supplies to finish this, and my previously posted 'mottled' piece... and I have started another still life in the meantime. Having three pieces in progress at once is something I thought I would never do. Never say never! Now I'm thinking that I might bring all three to the same 'almost done' stage, then spend a few days just working in 'finish' mode, and complete them. It could be a good thing.

12"x12", colored pencil on Pastelbord

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful!

xo
Jessica Butts

Liz P said...

Thank you, Jessica!

Teresa Mallen said...

Love the pattern in the cloth and my eyes are drawn to the tea pot - but then again I have a thing for tea pots. :-) Hope your supplies arrive soon.

Liz P said...

Theresa, the pattern on the cloth is one of the things that needs finishing... wish me luck pulling that off!

Julia said...

This is amazingly beautiful and so realistic!!! My 7 year old daughter had a self portrait chosen to be in a state exhibit! We are so proud. Perhaps one day she'll be doing work nearly as good as yours.