Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Another Grandson... one more to go



This is my oldest grandson; big brother to the cutie in my previous post. They are quite a pair! As these will be hung together, I chose poses with similar lighting, and kept the backgrounds simple. The third and final grandson portrait, which will be posted tomorrow, has a very different look, as you will see.

The Ampersand Pastelbord is definitely feeling more comfortable to me now, and I'm off to buy some more today, and a new batch of Prismacolor pencils as well... I've worn them down to the size where they become little art supplies for the two and three year old boys I have been drawing!

6"x6", Prismacolor pencil on Ampersand Pastelbord

3 comments:

Alvin Richard said...

Too cute! Just amazing. Love that little grin he's sporting.

Elizabeth A Patterson said...

Thanks Alvin! That you would describe anything of mine as amazing is... well.. amazing! It means a lot to me.

Alvin Richard said...

I kid you not, there is something so endearing about this portrait. The greatest word that I can think of, knowing that it is you grandson is: LOVE. And it's a feeling that becomes very transparent in this piece.