Monday, June 13, 2011

Opening Reception on Friday


Two of my colored pencil pieces have been juried into this wonderful local show, Art Is Community II, put on by the Saco River Art League. I have shown my work once before in this charming space on the banks of the Saco River, and am happy to be here again... this time with so many special people!

Not only is this an exciting exhibit of the work of many of the area's artists and fine craftspeople, but also a real community event which includes art making activity for one and all! Come check it out and have some fun, in the lower level of the Old White Church, this weekend.

I'm looking forward to seeing many old friends and new at the reception on Friday! (I will be at the show on Sunday as well.) Please come if you can!

“Art is Community II”
A juried regional show and sale of art and fine crafts
Friday June 17-Sunday July 17, 2011
Opening Reception, meet the Artists: Fri. June 17, 4-8
Gallery Hours: Sat. June 18, 10-2, Sun. June 19, 10-4
also July 15 & 16, 5:30-7:30 or by appointment
At The Old White Church,
15 Salmon Falls Rd, Buxton, ME
Next to the Saco River Grange Hall
FMI- 642-4219 or 929-6472

2 comments:

Unknown said...

the inside of this building was not what I was expecting.
A much nicer set up and showing than I thought it would be.
I am editing video of the show now.

Elizabeth A Patterson said...

Hi Lloyd! It is a nice space, isn't it? And a fine exhibit, too!
When did you shoot the video? You should have come to the opening, it was really a great gathering!